Please visit od4d.com for the latest articles.

Update on Data Hack event of Feb 22, 2014

The First Open Data Hack event at the University of Ilorin (Unilorin), was planned to  coincide with the 2014 International Open Data HackDay (http://opendataday.org/) which took place on Saturday, February 22nd, 2014 at the University of Ilorin Auditorium (Basement). The Data Hack Event was one of the University of Ilorin's (Unilorin) Open Data Research Group activities.

The data hack was organised as a competition between Teams, on visualisation of the budget data of Nigeria (www.budgetoffice.gov.ng), the data being the bedrock of our ODDC research. Teams comprised of the Team Leader, Programmer, Systems Analyst, and Web Developer.

The event was run with BudgIT Nigeria, which is a creative start-up driven to retell the Nigerian budget and public data in a finer detail across every literacy span (http://www.yourbudgit.com/). BudgIT served as judges responsible for scoring the teams on 70% while the audience score accounted for the remaining 30%.

There were 8 Teams from 4 Universities and one private computer firm, all within 40km from the city of Ilorin.

The winners were:
The Team led by Mr. Lai Bello (Unilorin) - 1st
The Team led by AbdulGaniyu Babatunde Agbaje (Al-Hikmah University) - 2nd
The Team led by Mr. Biodun Sanni (Unilorin) - 3rd

More details, especially pictures, can be obtained from:
Tweets from Twitter: @unilorinODDC    #ODDilorin
Details of the teams on: http://goo.gl/yE09pG